Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Five Random Questions with Texas Chainsaw 3D's Dan Yeager

Dan Yeager has been a good friend of Shawnster the Monster for nearly two years.  Dan and I became instant friends over our love of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and silent film.  Dan Yeager was able to accomplished one of his dreams of playing the one and only Leatherface in Lionsgate's Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D that opened number one in theaters back in January.  Besides playing a homicidal misunderstood farm-boy who likes to wear human flesh as a mask, he has a love for classic cars, classic cinema, Waffle House, spending time with his wonderful family and running his business Bad Anger.  Hint hint Dan, I need some shirts in 3X (because I am a tall ol' boy) and some signed TC3D posters if you get my subtle hints.  Dan was nice enough to answer my random five questions.  You never know what this ol' southern boy might ask Dan.







SHAWNSTER THE MONSTER'S RANDOM FIVE QUESTIONS!



1.) What is one silent movie that you recommend that every movie fan should watch once?

Metropolis. It is the pinnacle of pre-sound film making for design and composition. The story is epic as well. For the horror fan in particular, you should see Nosferatu.


2.) If you come back for another Texas Chainsaw 3D sequel, will you make sure to have in your contract that Shawster the Monster and Professor Phil Raley are extras in the movie?

That contract is already written and signed. I'll do what I can, though. Have your agent call me.   

(Author's note: Dan better or I will text him nude pictures of Bea Arthur in the middle of the night! He will not have any memory left on his phone!)


 3.) What is your view on 3D?

3D is a great cinematic tool. It has been, up to now, largely used as a gimmick, but I think it can best be used to enhance the immerse quality of an already compelling story. In TC3D, I think we see one of the first thoughtful uses of it. There were the couple of homages to schlock 3D movies of the past, but it was largely restrained. You still can't break "the 4th wall." I predict we will be watching the local news in 3D within 10 years; maybe within 5.


4.) What other type of characters would you like to portray in the future?

My friend, Kari Kramer (better known to Chainsaw fans as the carnival scene Pig Man) penned a great story about a regular guy who went through a devastating break-up. She seems to think I could play the role, and I'm beginning to believe her. I do enjoy being scary, though.



5.) Who was your celebrity crush when you were growing up?

It changed daily, depending on what was on TV. Ginger, Elly May, Lilly Munster... But the quintessence of crush ability had to be Farrah Fawcett. I'm old.



Bonus question:
What would be more scarier, being forced to live in a cabin in Alaska for a year with Leatherface or legendary TCM fan Allen Titinik?

As far as which one would most likely end in murder, I suspect Allen would take the prize. I get along with Leatherface fairly well at this point. He's not at all annoying and is pretty useful around the cabin.





 Next week checkout author and Halloween (yeah the movie series) Justin Beahm!




 Want to learn more about Dan Yeager, check these links out.

    https://www.facebook.com/officialdanyeager
    https://www.facebook.com/BADanger
    https://www.facebook.com/DanYeagersBrains
    http://www.imdb.me/danyeager
    http://www.danyeager.com
    http://www.sag.org/iactor/DanYeager


© 2013 Shawnster the Monster Shawn D Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment