Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Want to Start Reading Comics? Just ask Shawnster the Monster!


After the success of The Avengers, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and, The Walking Dead on AMC and various other comic endeavors, a surge of folks have been wanting to get into comics but don't know where to start.  Here is a video by Comic Book Girl 19 and she explains it in great detail and after you watch the video, stick around and I will add some more advice.  









Ok, now the major thing I want to add is to check out your local indy comic artists.  Most comic shops will have some comic books done by local artists and various indy artists from throughout the country.  Try a couple and you might just find one you like.   Comic Book Girl 19 mentions what I am about to state but I wanted to make it a sticking point! Always stick with a shop that has cool vibes.  I would not trade my local comic shop "Comics Exchange" in Knoxville, TN for anything in the world.  I always have a great time and I always feel at home.   

Hope this helps!  Make sure to check out Comic Book Girl 19's website  http://www.comicbookgirl19.com/
© 2013 Shawnster the Monster Shawn D Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment